Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spending time in LG

My mom turned... well something in her late 50's this week (she won't tell me). I decided to go down to the south bay and spend and few days at "home."
Talked about school stuff / family / vegetables / cats... the list kind of keeps going. It used to be that when I came home I was pretty much out of the house the whole time. Now, I find myself spending more and more time in with the family (although I do wonder if it's because I have fewer friends down here now or if it's by choice sometimes). :/

Either way, spending the last few days of my spring break down here has been relaxing. I got to see Traci (who I haven't seen for 2 years...which is the last time I visited Utah). She just moved out to Monterey, which is only an an hour & 1/2 from my parents really. We went to Santana Row and did a little shopping. It was an amazing afternoon, so sunny and not too hot. Just nice to be able to spend some time with a friend.

Unity day finally passed, and it was an awesome day. I felt like it was the end of my snowboard season. Last year I think we did a few days after it, but I'm not sure we'll do it again this year. I'm feeling a little beach fever coming on, and I'm hating my goggle tan. I actually tried to spray tan half my face the other day to get rid of it.

Every year on this day I think about my first day @ King George in VT. How miserable and sad I was. Knowing that I would not see anyone I knew in California for at least 3 months. Being across the country in a town that had a post office located in someone's garage and snowbanks that were 8 feet tall. It's been 10 years since I was there. It's funny because I was so relieved to get away from my family then, I missed my friends that I left behind. Those friends (for the most part) are long gone, and I have hardly spoken to any of them since I left for VT 10 years ago. My family has changed drastically, and now we're back in Los Gatos on the other side of town. Kind of funny how it works out...

May is going to be a crazy month of fun (and finals). Hopefully I'll have some fun things to post. :)

1 comment:

  1. Things have a funny way of coming full circle! I am just happy to be part of it! Had so much fun with you! <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete